Candlestick Press may change this policy from time to time by updating this page. You should check this page from time to time to ensure that you are happy with any changes.
What data we collect
We may collect the following:
- Name and job title.
- Contact information including email address.
- Demographic information such as postcode, preferences and interests.
- Other information relevant to customer surveys and/or offers.
- Payment information such as credit and debit card details. We do not retain payment details. We only use these details with your consent at the time of placing an order.
In choosing to share your information with us, you will be agreeing to our collection and use of your information as described in this policy. We’ll only use your personal data on relevant lawful grounds as permitted by the EU General Data Protection Regulation and the UK Data Protection Act. All data will be securely stored within the EU.
What we do with the information we gather
We require this information to provide you with a better service, and in particular for the following reasons:
- Internal record keeping.
- Processing orders.
- We may use the information to improve our products and services.
- We may periodically send promotional emails about new products, special offers or other information which we think you may find interesting using the email address which you have provided.
- We may use the information to customise our website according to your interests.
- We will only contact you for marketing purposes by email or post if you have told us we can.
Controlling your personal information
You can change your contact preferences at any time. All you need to do is:
- Email us.
- Write to us at
72 Nottingham Road
Nottingham NG5 6LF
- Telephone us on +44 (0)115 967 4455.
- You can unsubscribe from our mailing list at any time by following the unsubscribe link in any of our emails to you.
If you do change your contact preferences, you could miss out on special offers and news on our new titles which may be of interest to you.
We will only hold your personal information as long as you are subscribed to our mailing list. If you unsubscribe your information will be removed from our database within 7 days.
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect about you.
Data that is transmitted via the internet or in an email cannot be 100% secure. We will take every reasonable precaution to keep your information safe, but it cannot be guaranteed and so please be aware that any information you do transmit to us is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use our best effort to ensure its safety within our network, which sits within the UK.
Payment Processing Security
Our online payment solution is processed using PayPal which is a direct connection to the PayPal website. This means that when you input card details onto the payment page, you are communicating directly with PayPal and they pass your payment to us. Your payment card information is handled by the bank and not processed or handled by us.
When placing an order over the telephone, payment card information is taken and processed using Worldpay which is a direct connection to the Worldpay payment portal. This means that when we input card details onto the payment page, we are communicating directly with Worldpay on your behalf and they pass your payment to us. Your payment card information is not stored by Candlestick Press or Worldpay.
Links to other websites
We will never sell, share, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission or are required by law to do so. We may use your personal information to send you promotional information about third parties which we think you may find interesting if you tell us that you wish this to happen.
You may request details of personal information which we hold about you. If you would like a copy of the information held on you please write to us or email us.